NEET 2019 counselling Procedure- Complete Step by Step process to get Admission in Medical College
Step 1. NEET counselling Registration 2019
To apply for NEET counselling Registration 2019, the candidates are needed to visit the MCC Official web site after successfully qualifying in the examination and NEET merit List. Below are the steps to apply for the Registration for counselling 2019.
- Visit the link https://www.mcc.nic.in for details of counselling then click on ‘New Registration Link’.
- Enter the specified details: Roll number, the Application number, Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth etc.
- Choose a password and make sure you remember it, as it will be required during the NEET Seat Allotment 2019.
- Click on Submit button.
- Now, the candidates will be required to enter the one-time password (OTP) to complete the NEET 2019 counselling process. The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number during the NEET 2019 on-line Application.
- After checking all the details, finally, click on the ‘Confirm Registration’ button.
Step 2. Choice Filling and lockup
- In this step, the candidates are required to fill the choices of courses and colleges according to the preference. For this, the candidates need to follow the below- mentioned steps.
- After NEET 2019 counselling Registration, candidates need to log in using their Login ID and password.
- After logging in, candidates can submit their choices, modify or delete them, and change their order as required through the Registration and choice Filling period.
- Filled choices can also be swapped by interchanging positions.
- After locking choices, no more submission will be possible.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of locked choices for future use.
Step 3. Seat allotment results
- Within a couple of days of the choice locking, the seat allotment result has been declared by the authority.
- Candidates can view the allotment result.
- The Information about the allotment of the courses will be received by the candidate through SMS or Email
- The allotment of seats is as per the candidate’s filled choices.
Step 4. Report to the allotted college
- To confirm the seats, the candidates will have to report the allotted college and will have to pay the initial fee requires to get admission. Then, they should complete the admission formalities.
- In case, the candidate will reach the allotted college after the given time limit, then his / her seat will be automatically allotted to the next candidate.
?Step 5. NEET Second round counselling
- In case, any candidate won’t get happy with the allotted seats, can opt for the second round of NEET counselling.
- The NEET Second round counselling Result will be checked by the candidates either individually by entering their roll numbers, or by cross-checking their All India Rank status from an open, detailed list.
- The candidates falling under the given categories are eligible for NEET 2019 Second counselling.
Group 1: Candidates who have registered themselves, however, didn't get allotted any seats in the 1st round.
Group 2: Registered candidates from the reserved category, whose admission got cancelled due to modification of category i.e., he/she was shown as unreserved category candidates in their documents.
Group 3: Candidates who chose to participate in the second round of counselling while reporting at the allotted university after the first round of counselling.
The following candidates won't be eligible for the NEET Second round counselling:
- The candidates who do not attend NEET 1st round counselling won't be allowed for the second round also.
- The candidates who reported for admission in the allotted college after the first round but withdrew, won't be eligible.
- If the candidate fails to submit his/her fresh choices in NEET Second round counselling, then he/ she will be disqualified.
Step 6. NEET counselling Mop up round
- After the 2nd round of counselling, the seats which are vacant will be transferred to the State Quota. Mop-up counselling round will be conducted for the candidates who do not get seats in the 1st and 2nd round of counselling.
- Mop up counselling in NEET 2019 will be conducted by states against reverted seats from All India 15% Quota.
- NEET counselling for 85% quota seats is conducted by respective state counselling authorities.
- NEET counselling for all India quota seats is conducted by DGHS(Directorate General Of Health Services) on behalf of MCC (Medical Counselling Committee)